Criminal Defense Attorney Serving Clients in DeKalb County
Attorney Robert James has been providing skilled representation for clients facing a wide range of criminal charges for decades. He has extensive experience handling all aspects of criminal law and takes on a wide variety of case types for those who have been arrested or accused in Fulton County, Dekalb County, Carroll County, Atlanta, and the surrounding communities. As a former elected district attorney who also served as a litigation instructor for several prosecutors and police officers in the state of Georgia, he has a unique insight into how the other side of criminal cases work.
With countless courtroom victories and more than 18 years of experience inside the criminal justice system, DeKalb County criminal defense lawyer Robert James is prepared to help you every step of the way.
Robert James is well-respected in the legal industry at providing personalized legal counsel and representation to clients across the community.
Professional Memberships & Bar Admissions:
- State Bar of Georgia – Member
- State Bar of Georgia’s Disciplinary Rules and Procedures committee - Member
- Past president of the Georgia Association Solicitors General
- Judicial Nominating Commission, appointed by Governor Nathan Deal – Member from 2011 to 2016
- My Brothers Keeper from the National Bar Association, 2013
- News Maker of the Year by the Fulton County Daily Report, 2013
- On the Rise from the Fulton County Daily Report, 2012
- Top 40 Under 40 from Georgia Trend Magazine, 2010
Past Legal Experience:
- Gained national renown during his time as DeKalb’s top prosecutor
- Former Solicitor General of DeKalb County
- Litigation instructor for the Prosecuting Attorneys Council of Georgia’s basic litigation course
- Guest instructor at the Georgia Police Academy